Please click on links for explanation
You may also like
- A Arthur Tudor 1486 - 1502 C Catherine of Valois 1401 - 1437 E Edmund Tudor 1430 - 1456 Elizabeth of York Elizabeth Tudor 1492 - 1495 J Jasper Tudor 1431 - 1495 L Lambert Simnel 1477 - 1534 M Margaret Beaufort 1443 - 1509 Margaret Tudor 1489 - 1541…
- Please click on links for explanation Wars The Wars of the Roses Battles The Battle of Bosworth Field 1485 Rebellions Pretender Lambert Simnel
- The white rose was first used as an emblem by Edmund of Langley, son of King Edward III. Edmund had been created first duke of York in August 1385 and chose the emblem soon afterwards. It is believed that it was chosen as a symbol of the Virgin Mary…
- The red rose of Lancaster was first used as an emblem by Edmund, son of Henry III, in August 1265. He had been created the first earl of Lancaster by his father. It is believed that the species he chose was Rosa Gallica, a cultivated rose.Subsequent earls of Lancaster…
- Please click on links for explanation What was England like in 1500? How did the Tudors come to power? How did the Tudor Rose come about? What were the main events of the Tudor period?